Ride to Killer Scooter Super Sunday 2016

I had some free time this past weekend so I thought I’d give it a shot and make a video from Super Sunday that recently passed. Keep in mind, that I’ve NEVER edited a video before and I still don’t really know all the settings and features on my GoPro or iMovie (sorry, no fancy editing program here), so please excuse the newbness. I realized I have so much footage and I really wanted to capture the day as much as I can so I split the coverage into 2 parts. This part consists of the ride and meet up to go to the beginning of Super Sunday. The next part will be footage from the the actual meet up spot and the ride for Super Sunday. Of course, that’s if I don’t get lazy to edit and make it. Making this videos is alot more time consuming than I thought LOL

For now, enjoy my ride to Super Sunday 2016.

(Watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/yQXcmicZJF4 )

Stay tune for Part 2…hopefully LOL

Killer Super Sunday 2016 – May 1, 2016

This past Sunday (May 1, 2016) was the annual Total Ruckus Killer Scooter Super Sunday Meet and Ride in Southern California. Unlike last year where I attended as a spectator, this year, my current Ruckus was ready and I was able to attend and go on the actual ride…well, most of it at least. One of the guys who I rode with this year had work and was also having issues with his Ruckus barely being able to go 30mph. So after the first gas stop of the ride, we decided to turn around and head back. However, considering I rode all the way from my house in Pomona, CA to the meet up spot in Long Beach and then the first portion of the ride, I think overrall, I got my ride’s worth for Super Sunday. My body was aching by the time I got home so I can only imagine how I would have felt if I had done the whole ride to Pechanga and back. Maybe next year, we’ll truck the bikes to the first meet up spot and do the whole ride. Who knows, but I’m definitely looking forward to next year. Hopefully next year, I’ll have the Ruckus ready to go a week before the event so I can join in the Super Sunday pre-parties that they normally have at Steady Garage, Drowsports, and Rucksters. One thing I learned this year is that the day of the ride is such a rush, you really don’t get to stop, check out the bikes and talk/meet fellow owners. I hope to make it a point to chill and meet more people next year.

On to the pictures. I didn’t take as many pictures as I did at last year’s meet for two reasons. One, it seems like there was alot more bikes this year and everyone parked in bunches and clumps, making it hard to get a lot of decent shots of the bikes. Two, I kept getting scared that I’d get left behind while putting my gear back into my backpack so I ended up putting my camera away early which means I also didn’t get any shots of people on their bikes. Here are a few shots I got that day. The rest can be found on my flickr account here: FLICKR

First meet up spot at Drowsports.

Riderz Blok and San Diego came out in full force.

A few of the guys from OC Ruckin. I still have to come out to one of their Tuesday night rides.